Design Research Workshop.
[Skunk-Works #2] Automatik:
Date: Monday 17 December 2018
Location: Design Lab, 2nd floor Roland Levinsky Building.
As with the previous Skunk-Works, this workshop will explore key aspects of the UK’s Industrial Strategy as framework for individual/group research activities within the Design Area. The workshop will focus on a practical engagement with the new Automation Call for the South West Creative Technology Network: https://swctn.org.uk/.
The aim of this workshop is to:
- enlighten participants to contemporary issues and practicalities of Automation.
- provide a brief but accessible hands-on experience of AI and Robotic systems
- enable insights to how these processes can inform individual research practices
- discuss issues around Intellectual Property within collaborative academic/industrial research
- provide a platform for discussion around academic/industrial knowledge exchange
- provide first-hand accounts of the SWCTN fellowship experience.